1. I am a current student at a Group of Eight University but I have not yet graduated. Am I eligible to register an account on Aozhouhaigui.com?
Yes, you are eligible. You will need a valid university email address to register.
2. I graduated from a Group of Eight University previously. Can I register an account on Aozhouhaigui.com?
Yes, you are eligible. You will need a valid university email address to register. Please liaise with your university and/or alumni office to obtain your alumni email.
3. I am a student/graduate of another university that is not part of the Group of Eight. Can I join Aozhouhaigui.com?
Unfortunately, not at this stage. As Aozhouhaigui.com’s development has been funded by the Group of Eight Universities, eligibility is currently only open to Group of Eight students and graduates. We always recommend speaking to your university and/or alumni office to see what other programs, initiatives and support they can provide to help you find employment.
4. Is Aozhouhaigui.com only for Chinese international students and graduates of Group of Eight Universities?
Aozhouhaigui.com is for any student or graduate of a Group of Eight university interested in China-Australia employment opportunities. All nationalities are welcomed. Employers in our network have diverse interests, so we encourage you all to register if you’re eligible.
5. I am eligible to join Aozhouhaigui.com but I’m already employed. Can I still use it?
Yes. You can use it as a way of identifying other potential opportunities that may be worthwhile for you in future. You can also indicate on your profile that you’re currently employed to hide your profile, if you do not wish to be contacted by companies on the platform for a period of time. It’s still worthwhile to register now so you can keep up to date with developments.
6. I am eligible to join Aozhouhaigui.com but I am not looking for employment in China. Can I still use it?
Yes. Employers may be identifying talent for positions in China, Australia or elsewhere. If the employer is a member of AustCham or CCOIC, they are free to search for candidates and send an in-mail to discuss further.
7. I have checked the information above and I am eligible to join Aozhouhaigui.com but when I try to register an account it says my email address is not accepted. Help!
Only verified university email addresses can be used to register an account. Make sure you register with your university email address. If you have any issues with your email, first contact your university or alumni office.
8. I am eligible to join Aozhouhaigui.com but I don’t remember my university email address. Where can I retrieve it?
Contact your university or alumni office for further information.
9. I registered a profile on Aozhouhaigui.com but I have not received any messages from companies yet. What can I do to standout more?
We recommend that you complete a full profile in English and Chinese and to make sure you make your profile appear professional and compelling. Include all your skills, qualifications, interests and work experiences to help you stand out from other candidates. Companies will search for candidates that meet their HR requirements and send an in-mail to them to discuss further.
10. I registered a profile on Aozhouhaigui.com but I can’t see other students or companies. Can I contact companies or other students?
No. Aozhouhaigui.com is a private network. Only companies can search and browse through potential candidates and then send an in-mail. Students and graduates can reply to in-mails via the portal’s internal messaging system. Students and graduates can’t search for companies or each other. We recommend you set up a Linkedin account in English and Chinese which will open up other possibilities for you. Linkedin can also be used to set up your profile on Aozhouhaigui.com with one click of a button to import data.
11. I am an eligible student or graduate of a Group of Eight University. I have looked through all of the FAQ Questions and Answers above and I have further questions. Who can I contact for more information?
Go to AustCham Beijing’s website and send an email enquiry with your questions.
12. I am a member of AustCham or CCOIC. How do I get my username, password and/or more information about using Aozhouhaigui.com for our company?
AustCham will send out instructions and user log-in information to company members after the initial student and graduate registration period finishes. If you have a question, please send an email to AustCham Beijing.
13. I am not a member of AustCham or CCCOIC but my company would like to use Aozhouhaigui.com to identify potential employees. What can I do to get started?
Contact AustCham to ask about membership options and go from there.
14. How can I keep up-to-date with developments on this project?
Sign up to AustCham Beijing’s email newsletter and/or WeChat account.